The boys wanted to sleep some more so Amanda and I went to breakfast. We sat with two families from Florida. And, two guys who I think were a couple.
We went back to the cabin as the boys were leaving. Then, Rai came to clean the room so we went upstairs and had a little ice cream while we waited. It's so hard to resist even at 9:30 in the morning! We saw the waves in the pool splashing up as we entered the buffet. We were instructed to stay off the open upper decks or go at our own risk. No problem for us to stay away!
Matthew and Dan returned from breakfast where they had been given chicken sausage by mistake. Matthew said it looked sick. Evidently it was white in color. Dan took the kids up to the Lido to watch G-Force on the big screen and I took a nap. The ship was really rocking. I took some video of the waves from the balcony door. No way I was going out there!
The kids and I ordered room service today. We had a forty-five minute wait. Guess everyone else didn't feel like going up to the buffet either. They each got a peanut butter and jelly and I ordered the roast beef and brie. I asked for no mayo (they put mayo on everything) so they put mustard on it. Hey, no mayo! The kids were pleasantly surprised to have cookies on their plates. I also ordered the chocolate cake I kept reading about. Very good!
Dan returned from Lido while we were eating. He had to look for 10 minutes for a chair and ended up pulling one off a pile. The winds have died down but we are still rocking pretty well. The captain said to be careful with balcony doors so I may go out later.
I took Amanda to camp and met up with Heather and Calvin for cards. Dan wasn't feeling well. Matthew didn't want to go to camp and wanted to take a nap. I got Amanda from camp at 3:45 and we started getting ready for formal night #2.
We were all ready by 5 and headed down to deck 4 this time. We stopped at the stairway spot and our "pirate" was taking the photos. He was awesome! He was so good with Matthew. I knew I was going to end up buying most of our photos from here. Thank goodness, we got an extra $40 today by missing the port. We were reimbursed the port fees. That will buy almost two photos. We stopped at 3 other places since they were free and we had time. I found our port photos and purchased those.
We then headed down to dinner. We had to wait a couple of minutes for the doors to open. We were really feeling the effects of our temple climb. Our right thighs were killing us on the stairs. Especially going down! Looks like less stairs now.
Tonight's highlights were chateaubriand (had to order it cause it's fun to say!) and veal parmigiana. Heather couldn't decide between them so Yogi surprised her with both! Matthew ordered the grilled shrimp but wasn't too thrilled about the marinara sauce. Amanda ordered the charred half chicken. It was very good!
Yogi surprised each kid with a Baked Alaska decorated to look like the Dream. Very cool!!
The adults chose Amaretto cake. Very rich and lots of almonds. I think I found something that was too chocolaty for me!
The boys took the kids to camp and Heather and I went fashion ring shopping since they were 50% off. These were in our price range! I found 2 I really liked. Heather got a green one. We then met up at the Burgundy Lounge to see Lewis Nixon. Big disappointment! We should have seen the first show with Allyn Ball but 7:30 didn't work with dinner. Calvin never showed up so we figured he must have taken the boys to the country show.
Heather wanted to find him and I wanted to change. So, we met up on Lido for some more card playing.
Now, that's a rabbit!!
No comments:
Post a Comment